A Letter to Myself for 2018 - Stay Focused Bro


Good day bro, today's the last day of 2017, and after much consideration, I have decided to write a letter to you.


2017 was an amazing year for you, you started the year optimistic as usual and why wouldn't you? With everything that happened in 2016, I was expecting nothing less. You knew 2017 would only get better if you worked hard.

And you did work hard, I must say that I am proud of the efforts you put into achieving your dreams considering how challenging 2017 was. There were days where nothing made sense, especially when you moved to the city of Jos, but you kept at it and really got to do amazing stuff.

You got to meet, work with and work for amazing individuals and organizations and your hard work paid off in the end - you got offered what you would describe as a "Dream Job" at this particular stage in your career. Next year, you are going to be working with arguably the best minds around the world and also have been given the opportunity to take care and affect as many lives as possible. I know you are not going to let any of us down.

2017 is definitely a year you would look back to and smile.

Now we are stepping into 2018, and somehow I feel like you are starting to settle, your actions in the last month has been average, I think you are starting to lose focus and hence the reason I am writing this to you.

Now is actually the time to double your efforts, the sleepless nights you hard in 2017? Well, you have to continue this next year - you know deep down how those nights contributed to your dreams and how they would keep contributing.

And books? I am happy you got to read a lot of good books this year, I believe you need to continue this also, you also need to listen to more motivational and uplifting audios and videos, take more professional courses, network and meet more amazing individuals and also you need to write more in 2017.

You joined a writing challenge and even though you didn't make the top 30 list because you stopped writing at some points, I am happy you took part, it exposed you to a group of amazing Nigerians and more contests like this would so more.

I would also urge you to contribute a lot more to the groups you are part of. You see young individuals like you doing great things, I hope you understand you also can do these things; you just have to put in the time required to do so - I am definitely expecting more from you in this aspect.

And your friends? Well, I know a lot of them are pretty angry at you right now, for one reason or the other, some of them think you have forgotten about them, others feel the little success has gotten into your head. We both know this isn't the case here and a lot of them have no idea the kind of problems you face on a daily basis - You definitely need to reach out to a few of them and make them understand what it is you are trying to achieve and how important they are to you, you also need to make them understand that they can reach out to you anytime they want.

You also need to work hard on connecting with your parents and siblings because some of them tend to misunderstand you sometimes.

One IMPORTANT thing bro, the ladies? Well, we both know how awesome they are and how specific ladies have played crucial roles in your life at specific points. I know how much you are looking forward to meeting that lady that you would call your own, so I would definitely advise you keep an eye out for her.

But you know quite well where I am going with this, we both know you have a problem in this area - Yeah bro, you need to fix that. Dude, you need to block the attention you are getting, yes you are starting to get things right an and lot of them are starting to notice, but deep down we both know some of them just need to go. I am counting on you to work on this.

And most importantly bro, YOU NEED TO FOCUS.

Yes, bro... FOCUS

We both know what got you to this point and how Important FOCUS is to achieving your goals in life.

I know 2018 is going to be tasking, it is also going to be amazing; I believe in you and I know you are going to have an amazing year.

I will be writing you another letter by the middle of the year to see how far you have come and what we both need to work on. I am hoping you would listen and make me proud.

Here's to an amazing 2018...... STAY FOCUSED !!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read my Digital Skills Trainer Story and Request a FREE Training Session