Read my Digital Skills Trainer Story and Request a FREE Training Session
I got to understand Sales, online and offline marketing, Growth Strategies, Social Media, Leadership principles and how to start and grow a business using the various digital tools we have.
About 4 months after I left Lagos for Jos in 2017, I was informed by the then community manager at nhub that there was going to be a digital marketing training and I would be among the people participating, I had no idea what I was up against. I got to the training and the Instructor was Amba, a Google Digital Skills trainer under Konverge Media. She was amiable and had an ambience of what I got to know later as the "Konverge Feeling". Before this time, I had already completed a course on Digital Marketing with Success Academy so I knew pretty much about digital marketing and hands-on experience from blogging.
About 4 months after I left Lagos for Jos in 2017, I was informed by the then community manager at nhub that there was going to be a digital marketing training and I would be among the people participating, I had no idea what I was up against. I got to the training and the Instructor was Amba, a Google Digital Skills trainer under Konverge Media. She was amiable and had an ambience of what I got to know later as the "Konverge Feeling". Before this time, I had already completed a course on Digital Marketing with Success Academy so I knew pretty much about digital marketing and hands-on experience from blogging.
I was quite prepared even though I had no idea what I was going into. I kept answering the questions Amba threw until she was fed up of me answering questions. The second day of the TTT-Train The Trainer, was for presentation. Each of the participants was expected to present in front of the class and questions were thrown from the facilitator and other participants. I was the first person that volunteered though I wasn't the best presenter. I learned a lot from some of the guys that went after me but I gave it my all and this made me move to the next stage in becoming a Digital Skills trainer.
The next stage was to get the certificate of achievement for the completion of The Fundamental of Digital Marketing.
Haven't completed the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing yet? You can do that here konverge.co
I went on to get the same Certificate but for the Google Digital Garage program and certificates in Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media and blogging.
What is Google Digital Skills for Africa? It is a Google initiative in conjunction with various training partners across Africa to train young people in digital skills. After achieving its goal of training one million, Google has set its sights on training 10 million people with free digital skills to upskill them to close the digital knowledge gap and to improve employability/aid job creation. I am excited that 2 years later, I am still one of the field soldiers driving this change.
I have trained over 5000 people across Nigeria; having conducted trainings in Lagos, Abuja, Plateau, Bauchi, Kaduna, Akwa Ibom. I have met, interacted and trained students in the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; Veritas University, Abuja; Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi; University of Jos; University of Abuja; Plateau State University, Bokkos; Plateau State Polytechnic and a host of other places.
Pictures from some of my trainings:
![]() |
| Day 2 of a 5 Day Digital Skills Training at the University of Jos |
| Day 2 of a 2 Day Digital Skills Training for Professors and Lecturers at ATBU Bauchi |
![]() |
| Digital Skills Training at the University of Abuja Gwagwalada |
![]() |
| Digital Skills Training at Global Flame Ministry Jos |
![]() |
| Digital Skills Training at Plateau State Polytechnic |
I have also trained business owners, entrepreneurs, professors, software developers, etc.
![]() |
| Digital Skills Training for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners |
Occasionally, Google organizes Digital Skills Trainer Development Summits and workshops aimed at helping trainers understand their audience better and improve their presentation skills. In one of such summits held in Abuja, there were young brilliant Nigerians including me from all over the country who were doing amazing things in various sectors across the country in attendance. The summit shifted my mindset about the Digital Skills Program, it made me understand how important a trainer was and how we can use this platform to drive real change and close the digital skills gap in Africa.
| Digital Skills Trainer Summit in Abuja |
If you are a young Nigerian reading this and you were presented with the opportunity of becoming a Digital Skills Trainer, I would advise you to jump on it and focus on creating an impact in your community.
If you are aspiring to start a Career in Digital Marketing, build a digital startup, advance in your workplace, bring your business online, grow your business online, or looking for the right skill set to expand your business, then you can invite me for a FREE Digital Skills Training by filling this form.








Wow. This is so impressive!!! Weldone Yusuf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank You Ma'am. You played a major role in all of this.
Delete