JOS - My home for the foreseeable future
Today 2 of August 2017 makes it exactly 61 days in Jos, Plateau state. I wrote an article about my experience so far some few weeks ago.
You can read the article here.
Leaving Lagos state about two months ago for Jos, I have got to admit, I really wasn't sure what to expect or if it was going to turn out well. I saw an opportunity that would greatly benefit me and I went all out for it.
Fast forward two months later, a lot has happened and I have finally made a decision. I AM STAYING IN JOS.
Jos is going to be my home for the foreseeable future because this truly is the best place to be. A movement that was started by David Daser, Founder and Ceo of nHub Nigeria has made Jos the best place to be for anyone that is interested in using tech to change the world.
Mr Daser has succeeded in creating the perfect environment for anyone that is passionate about technology and wants to use these tools to transform the world.
A city that has was formally known for it's crises, riots and violence is slowing transforming into the best tech ecosystem in Nigeria. Jos has stable electricity, cheap food, good transportation system, natural resources, infrastructures and an amazing weather. - a perfect Silicon environment for techies.
4 months ago, I had no idea I would be coming to Jos. Today, I have decided I am going to make Jos my home for the foreseeable future - Why?
Well, everything I mentioned above has a role to play in my decision, but the main reason I decided is because of the people I have met here. A lot of people down here understand how important tech is to the development of Nigeria and are prepared to do what it takes to contribute. They also understand the importance of collaboration. I know I have a lot I can do here and that's the reason I am staying.
My goal is to Support the likes of Daser David, Fwangnum Dashuwa, Awom Kenneth, Retnan Daser, Samuel Famolu, Bashir Sheidu, Theodore Longi, Eric Nanle, Daniel Dalyop, Ogundare Omolola, Richard Opaluwa, Kelvin Makanjuola and a host of others so I can contribute my quota in making Jos the go to place when technology and innovation is mentioned in Africa.
I am starting this with a Movement - 'Techies in Jos' This is a community for techies, tech enthusiasts and everyone that is passionate about using tech to change the world. It's a community that would bring together the brightest minds in Jos so we can develop solutions that are going to transform the world.
If you are passionate about tech, then you can like our Facebook Page so you can keep up with the movement.
Thank you for reading this. Follow me on Twitter for more information about me.

Comments
Post a Comment